Sunday, May 29, 2016

#67 - Unexpected Rocking Out

I had no parameters on what sort of a concert that I wanted to attend when I wrote my goals.  I was open to classical, stadium rock, high school band ... basically anything that came my way.  An opportunity in the form of an invitation to see a tribute band play this weekend easily fulfilled the requirement.  So, last night, I attended a concert by Hotel California - an Eagles tribute band.  Ironically, the Eagles played the only stadium concert that I have ever attended thus far in my life, and I attended both concerts with the same person.  It made for an evening of comparisons between the two experiences.

Hotel California was in a much smaller venue, so I could actually see the musicians from where I was sitting.  And, thankfully, although it was loud, I didn't feel the full body buzz for several hours afterwards that comes from being exposed to an extremely loud environment.  They have some very talented musicians - particularly on guitar.  I think that the solo guitar rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was my favorite piece of the night.  I was a little disappointed that the set list was heavily slanted towards the Eagles' earlier work and didn't include many solo or post reunion pieces.  There was even one piece that I don't think I've ever heard before (my friend said it was from a less popular album).  But there were also lots of favorites that I expected to hear, and I had a really good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment