Sunday, June 30, 2013

#81 - 10 new musical artists

I am lazy in my musical listening habits.  Although I have a huge variety on my iTunes library, I generally only listen to a couple of different playlists regularly.  Also, I stopped listening to the radio while I was in college - too busy and generally spending loads time in libraries as I finished getting my MLIS and started my career.

Last summer, I realized at the weddings that I attended that I only knew the songs being played if they were ones from the 1980s and before.  And, that some of the new things I was hearing were interesting.  I've noticed this lately with movie soundtracks as well.  So, because I still don't have the time to listen to the radio much, I asked for assistance in finding something new.  And, I quickly got responses (gotta say that I LOVE having my first goal completed for this round in a week)!  Friends from Facebook, friends I see regularly, my sisters, and even a fellow PostCrosser all gave me ideas - about 30 new artists to listen to in a wide variety of styles.  It was fascinating to see how the songs meshed with what I knew of personalities (especially from the people that I didn't know as well).

This afternoon, I added 17 new songs to my iTunes library.  There is one more that I can't add to iTunes yet ... a new group that, ironically, started me on this goal ... because the album hasn't been released yet.  When my nephew Dan married last summer, his new brother-in-law sang during the ceremony ... and I was astounded by his gorgeous voice.  This isn't what he sang for the ceremony (obviously, if you listen to the words), but here's my recommendation to all of you ...
foxandcoyote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment