Thursday, March 31, 2011

#65 - Money in the bank

The first Day Zero list that I read was full of financial goals ... obviously, that person was waaaayyy more into money than I am.  However, it did make the impression on me that perhaps, as a single person, I should be a bit more pro-active in making sure that I was set for that proverbial rainy day.  So, I set myself three goals - each with a different purpose. 

A couple of weeks ago, I met one ... thanks to my income tax refund check ... having to do with good old-fashioned savings.  I now have a year's worth of take-home (not gross) income in the bank(s) in easily accessible forms ... just in case.  Don't ask in case of what ... that's the point, you never know the curveballs that life might throw at you.  And, I may be dipping into it soon to solve the roof problem that's been plaguing me this spring, but you can be sure that I'll keep adding to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment